The Marin SBDC conducts a wide variety of business seminars across Marin County on subjects including accessing capital, business planning, e-commerce and web marketing, human resource management, expansion and growth capital, legal and business issues and a variety of best practice programs designed to help small businesses use the best techniques possible to increase sales and profits.
Seminars are led by experienced professionals who overview their topics, provide several real-world examples and answer questions from the audience. Most seminars finish with a panel of experts that provide additional insight, participate in a lively question-and-answer session and then stay to speak with attendees one-on-one after the seminar. Our seminars are great opportunities for our clients to obtain applicable, real-world information and helpful advice.
Visit our calendar to see upcoming seminars.
Business owner? Employee? Looking to learn new skills?
The Northern California SBDC partners with ed2go to bring our clients the best online courses available. Whether you’re looking for professional development or personal enrichment, ed2go’s six-week online courses is the perfect way to learn a new skill or enhance your existing ones. New sessions start every month, and you can sign up anytime. Take courses from the comfort of your home or office; when it is most convenient for you.
Expert Instructors - The Personal Touch
Whether you're looking for professional development or personal enrichment, ed2go's six-week online courses are the perfect way to learn a new skill or enhance your existing ones. New sessions start every month, so you can sign up anytime. Click here to learn more about Instructor-Led Courses.
Self Paced Tutorials - Learning built around your schedule
If you want to quickly build industry skills, these independent study tutorials are for you! They cover a wide variety of fields, and you can start anytime and work at your own pace. Click here to learn more about Self-Paced Tutorials.
Popular Online Courses:
- A to Z Grant Writing
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
- Business Finance for Non-Finance Personnel
- Start & Operate Own Home-Based Business
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Start Your Own Arts & Crafts Business
- Creating Web Pages
- Start Your Own Small Business
- Creating WordPress Websites
- Starting a Nonprofit
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Employment Law Fundamentals
- Achieving Top Search Engine Positions
- Keys to Successful Money Management
- Building Teams That Work
- Managing Customer Service
- Designing Effective Websites
- Marketing Your Business on the Internet
- Effective Selling
- Performing Payroll in QuickBooks 2013
- Administrative Assistant Fundamentals
- Introduction to QuickBooks 2014
- Business and Marketing Writing
- Keys to Effective Communication
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010
- Writing Effect Grant Proposals